Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Travels: Disney World


Happy fall!

How is your autumn season going? I can't believe it's the last day of September. I've decided that after I get my editing goal done today, I'm going to pull out the Halloween decorations!

This month, after Comic Con, I went to Orlando to see two of my favorite places: Disney World and Harry Potter World. Sigh, I really wouldn't mind living therein the parks I mean (really, I've worked it out. I would live in Cinderella's castle and eat park churros and ice cream all year).

You know what I love about Disney? How flawlessly they immerse you into new worlds by targeting all five senses. How could your imagination not take off and create new stories, characters, and ideas when you're surrounded in the sights, smells, and sounds of Main Street, Tomorrowland, and Adventureland? AND Disney World has four parks to get lost in. I always make sure and jot down ideas of inspiration while we're traveling in space, jeeping through the jungle, or dancing down Main Street. I know it's cliche, but I honestly feel like a kid again. You can see the proof below.


Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. This is my best friend since elementary! We have refused to stop playing dress-up just because we're adults.  



I love the new Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom. They have a new interactive Beauty and the Beast experience that completely lives up to the hype. 


Hollywood Studios with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. So creepy and wonderful at the same time. 




A lovely, rainy day at Epcot. Let it be known that Epcot is no longer a "boring and educational" park. It has changed A LOT, and it's worth going to. 



Animal Kingdom with plenty of dinosaurs, tigers, and even a yeti from Everest. I love the adventurous theme throughout this whole park and how each section takes place in Africa, Asia, and India.


Thanks for stopping by! Do you have any trips planned for fall? 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!! I definitely want to go to Disney Land or Disney World when my youngest is 2. Summer of 2015 we will be there! ...with 4 boys in tow... scary. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn,
      Oh my goodness, how fun, four little boys at Disney Word!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute couple. Looks like you had a lot of fun and I'm sure ou got some great ideas for stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so nice, thanks Alice! I did get some new ideas, love how inspiring it is there!

      Delete
  3. Two of my favorite places as well!! I've thought I could live there to. You can have Cinderella's Castle and I can have Hogwarts castle. See, it would totally work.

    I haven't gone on any real trips this year--saving my money. But I got to see Muse two weeks ago, which was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kami,
      I loved your blog post on Harry Potter World! I love any post you do, but that one was especially fun :) And that's a deal, we'll both live in the castles!

      Delete