Tuesday, July 2, 2013

BYU Writing Camp and Disney Princesses


Last Friday I had the privilege of speaking to kids at a BYU writing camp. It was such a great experience, and I couldn't believe how passionate the students were about writing. Most of them were already working on novels and were eager to talk about the publishing process. They had writing prompts, exercises and classes over the weekend. They also had many opportunities to share their work, which is so important.
I wish there was a camp like this around when I was in Jr. High! 




After teaching at the writing camp, I ran to Lehi Costco for a signing, and look who stopped by! I was very happy to visit with a fleet of Disney princesses. I guess you just never know who you'll meet at signings! 

3 comments:

  1. What fun. This is so cool. Teaching a class and doing a signing all in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! I'll have to look into getting involved in next year's writing camp, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, you may want to check my blog sometime. You've been given the Shine On Award. Come and claim it if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete