Thursday, July 18, 2013

Book tour in California

Last week I got to spend time in California. Traveling, for me, is like a breath of fresh air. It gives me new inspiration, motivation, and a sense of adventure. Traveling helps me become a better writer. 

On this adventure we got to visit several Barnes & Noble so I could sign copies of The Siren's Secret. First we started at the Studio City Barnes & Noble near Hollywood. 


Next we stopped by the Grove Barnes & Noble. So many books. Seriously though, look at all those levels! If you stop by this store, keep an eye out for The Siren's on the "What Teens Are Reading Now" table. 



After that, we got to see Conan live. A fun experience, but a little strange. All sets look so much smaller in real life. Somehow I always forget that and I'm surprised every time.


Next we stopped by the Calabases Barnes & Noble to sign more copies of The Siren's Secret.


That night we went to eat dinner and stumbled into the Pacific Rim premiere. I hate to be one of those people who just jumps in line because there's a crowd of people, but it was fun to see everyone freaking out as the actors came by. I promise I did not become that crazy fan, well at least not then. That moment came the next day. 


Pretty Little Liars anyone? THIS IS ALISON'S HOUSE! This is when I turned into one of those weirdo fans who can't breathe because they're so excited. This is on The Warner Brother's Studio lot, and I felt like a kid in a candy store. Pretty Little Liars and Harry Potter stuff everywhere! 


This is the barn where Alison first disappears. Spoooooky. 


The Friend's set was really fun. They kept everything at Central Perk just the same as it looked on the last episode. 


There's Ellen's parking spot! Oh boy, see now I sound like one of the crazy fans again. Who takes pictures of people's parking spots? 


Harry, you can't drive through here! 


The Howler from Mrs. Weasley, shrieking and all. 


Can you name which three characters these wardrobes belong to? 


After all the fun in Los Angeles, we headed to San Diego to sign more books, visit family, and stop in Old Town. One of the coolest places in Old Town is called the Mormon Battalion Historic Site. If you've never been before, I would definitely recommend it! 


The San Diego Barnes & Noble. I spy, with my little eye, a siren on a shelf up high...


Jumping for joy--and not caring how silly I look. I love California. 


San Diego waves crashing, and only SEVEN jellyfish stings. 


Last stop on the way home was the St. George Barnes & Noble. If you're from any of these areas, you'll find signed copies of The Siren's Secret along with bookmarks inside. Thanks for letting me share my adventures! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Too bad you didn't come up to Northern California. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dena! I would love to come to North California, it's so beautiful there. I'll have to head there soon!

      Delete
  2. Heather, this looks like so much fun! Sorry I haven't stopped by your blog for a while. Been busy writing :) But looks like your life is still awesome these days!

    ReplyDelete