Monday, March 25, 2013

Motivational Monday

I know that we often get down on ourselves. We get negative thoughts that tell us our goals are too far away and unrealistic. Sometimes those thoughts turn into a constant nagging voice that makes us feel like we can't do it. We don't want to become disappointed, and it's easy to sabotage ourselves.  Eventually, that little voice eats away at our goals and dreams. 

And you know what I say?

DON'T LISTEN TO THAT NEGATIVE VOICE.


You're dreams are important and you can reach your goals. 


Before I was published, I would sometimes get so down on myself that it became hard to write. One thing that helped when I became discouraged was to listen to the words of authors and leaders who worked hard and made their dreams happen. 


Reaching your goals is hard, we know that. It's easier to give up before we even have to leave our comfort zone and try. But you know what? We can do hard things! 


So here are your words of inspiration for the day from Walt Disney, Henry David Thoreau, J.K Rowling, and Ralph Waldo Emerson.


"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." 
Walt Disney


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." 
Henry David Thoreau 


"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." 

J. K. Rowling

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." 

Walt Disney. 

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

Henry David Thoreau 

"Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string."

 Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happy Motivational Monday! 

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Yeah! Awesome post! I know that something that helps me is to keep a file of all the good things people have said about my writing. When I feel really down in the dumps, I take it out and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging words. It's just what I need to hear right now.

    ReplyDelete