Friday, August 1, 2014

Mystical Mermaids



I've loved mermaids ever since I was a little girl, so it's no surprise that in The Shapeshifter's Secret Series there are several sirens, water nymphs, and mermaids. It's probably why I love taking underwater pictures.




It's also why I decided to post about some of my favorite mermaid appearances.  

Photobucket

In the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie there are a lot of mermaids. Most of them were malevolent, but the movie did focus on one who was kind and loving. I became so enthralled with the mermaid, Serena, and her story, that I stopped caring about Jack Sparrow and the other pirates. (P.s. are they are making another one? Because they really ended Serena's story with a cliffhanger). 


Photobucket

When the Submarine ride first opened at Disneyland in 1959, they hired women to dress up as mermaids and sit out on the rocks of the lagoon. My mom still remembers seeing those mermaids when she was little and how mesmerizing they were.



Also at Disneyland, the mermaids on the Peter Pan ride. Did you know the front one is Ariel?



How cool is that?

Photobucket

I have a lot of fun memories about dressing up like a mermaid when I was younger. Recently I found this necklace with a mermaid on the front and I couldn't help but get it. It reminded me of all my mermaid adventures when I as younger. Also it was sparkly, I can’t pass up things that are sparkly...

What are your mermaid memories? Do you have a favorite mermaid book or movie? 

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing an old black and white mermaid movie on TV when I was young, but I can't remember the name of it. Some guy met and fell love with a mermaid. Kind of like the movie "Splash."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice, I used to watch Splash when I was little! I'll have to do some research and figure out which movie you're talking about. Mermaids are so fun.

      Delete