Friday, November 30, 2012

Les Miserables and other wonderful things.

Today I was listening to my music on shuffle and Phantom of the Opera came on. I had to go back and listen to the whole album while I was driving, and it was then that I realized how much of a sucker I am for musicals. I watched My Fair Lady over Thanksgiving break, reminisced about how much fun I had seeing Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with my sisters in the summer, and I even put the release date for Les Miserables in my phone calendar! 

I can't sing or play any musical instruments, so maybe that's why I appreciate a good musical so much. I love Broadway musicals, classical musicals, and listening to Pandora stations with musicals. When I was dating my husband and found out he was musically talented, had been in choir his whole life, and even play Dodger in Oliver when he was little, I swooned :)

I know I should be counting down the days until the Hobbit (and I am excited for it), but I can't wait for Les Miserables to come out. 


I love The Phantom of the Opera, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Wicked, and West Side Story, and I've been lucky enough to see them on Broadway. I haven't seen Les Miserables live, but I hope to one day have the opportunity. For now I'm just excited to see the movie. 



What are your favorite musicals? 

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the trailer for Les Miserables. 

4 comments:

  1. Les Mis Le Mis Le Mis :) I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love musicals and am excited for Les Mis, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many things we have in common, writing, our love of musicals, being a part of an awesome writing group :)

      Delete